Baking bread at home does not need to be intimidating or difficult, matter of fact, all the bread recipes I use are easy and always turn out well. Trust me, anyone can bake bread.
The recipe I'm sharing with you is not for a bread machine.
Simple White Bread
1 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tbsp (or 1 packet) of quick rise yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 cups flour (plus more for kneading)
1. Mix together the water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the salt to the 3 cups of flour in a large bowl.
3. Mix the liquid and the dry together and then add the oil.
4. Mix until it comes away from the sides of the bowl, sprinkle some of the last cup of flour on a wooden surface, and knead. Keep adding flour as needed, kneading for about 10 min.
5. Scrape the big bowl clean and coat it with a small bit of oil. Add the dough and cover with a clean tea towel. Place it in a warm spot to rise till doubled in bulk, 1-2 hours.
6. When it has risen, punch the dough down and tip out onto the counter. Roll it out into a rectangle. (about 9 inch x 18 inch)
7. Roll it up, tuck in the ends, and place it into a greased bread loaf pan or glass baking dish.
8. Cover and let rise again, till doubled in size. 45 min - 1 hour. (it takes time!)
9. Once risen, brush the top with a bit of beaten egg, and bake for 30 min at 375 (f).
10. Once cooked, remove the bread from the pan immediately and place on a rack to cool.