Monday, November 26, 2007

Gooey Caramel Rolls!

I don't think there's anything more yummy than gooey caramel rolls with a delicious steaming cup of coffee for breakfast, so Saturday morning I made some of these and they're sooooo good. Not only that but they only need 3 ingredients, yes, 3 INGREDIENTS!

So here we go:

You need two loaves of refrigerated bread dough, thawed out. I left mine in the refrigerator overnight and it thawed out perfectly. Don't worry about the third loaf, you can just pop it in the oven and voila, fresh bread too.

We start by mixing 1 and 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar with 3/4 cups of whipping cream. Yum, doesn't that look good already??? I get all happy just seeing the thick cream being poured into the bowl.

Whisk them together and then give it a good stir to make sure there are no sugar lumps left.

Pour the mixture into an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan and then tip to evenly coat the bottom. Set aside for now.

Now we bring out the thawed bread dough and using a floured surface and rolling pin, we roll it out to a 12" x 6" rectangle. Roll up jelly roll style beginning at one of the short ends.

Doesn't it look pretty and hey we haven't even worked that hard....quick and simple. Alright now get out your swords knives and slice into thick 1" pieces.

Arrange them in the baking pan, I'm already drooling and could actually just grab one and eat it like that, raw and all......yes I'm an animal at times LOL

Repeat with the remaining bread loaf and then cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow to rise until it touches the top of the pan.

Uncover and bake at 350º for 35 to 45 minutes; let cool slightly and then place a serving tray tightly over the pan.......invert the rolls and spoon any remaining sauce over the top. I actually like dusting mine with powdered sugar too.

YUMMY!!! I didn't invert mine this time, I just kept them right side up and spooned the gooey sauce on top. Now go, go make some for your family and tell me if it's not the most delicious thing you've ever tasted.

4 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!My!Gosh! Those look so good! I have made some gooey bread before using Rhodes rolls, but hadn't ever thought to use the loaf dough to make these. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I too have used Rhodes rolls, but this looks like a hit! Dangit...I'm trying to hard to lose that last ten pounds and look what you did. I'll save points all week so I can have one this weekend. We are having lots of company so this will be a Saturday morning delight. Blessings, LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ai Jesus, isto parece uma delícia.

    ReplyDelete