Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings

My Instant Pot has become one of my most used, and favorite kitchen gadgets. 

I use it 2 to 3 times a week, basically use it, wash it and use it again.  From breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, I know I can get a meal going quickly and in no time, we are sitting down to eat.
 
This chicken and dumplings recipe is another, that has made getting dinner on the table, a breeze.  I got the recipe from one of my favorite Youtube Channels, The Moss Family TV.  The minute I saw Falon making it, I knew I had to try it, and boy am I glad I did.
 
The whole family loved it, and it is now printed out and in my recipe binder.  That's when you know a recipe is successful.
 
So give it a try and let me know what you think.
 

January 28, 2021 

Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings 
 
 
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed 
1 cup diced yellow onion 
1 cup sliced carrot 
3 cloves garlic cloves, minced 
1 teaspoon salt 
5 tablespoons unsalted butter 
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 
6 cups chicken broth 
½ cup heavy cream
2 bay leaves 
1 ½ cups frozen peas 
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced 
 
DUMPLINGS 
2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 tablespoon baking powder 
½ teaspoon salt 
½ teaspoon pepper 
1 ⅓ cups heavy cream 
 
Turn Instant Pot onto the saute setting, pour in vegetable oil. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Add carrot and onion and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for another minute, until fragrant. 
 
Add the butter and flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to prevent lumps from forming. Add the chicken broth, cream, thyme, and bay leaves. Add the frozen peas. Make the dumplings: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cream. 
 
Stir until mixture comes together into single mass of dough. 
 
Form the dough into small round balls about 1 inch.  Place the dough balls in the simmering soup (making sure they don’t touch), add the parsley, and cover. 
 
Seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Let it do a 10 minute slow release and then release any remaining pressure.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks good. Keep sharing these Instant pot recipes. I want to use mine more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to let you know I normally search your blog for recipes. After cooking for 35 yrs, I’ve lost my creativity and sometimes need dinner ideas. Your recipes are always winners. I don’t comment, but want you to know I’m always looking at and cooking your dishes. And I can’t be the only one. Keep on cooking! MS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just wanted to let you know I normally search your blog for recipes. After cooking for 35 yrs, I’ve lost my creativity and sometimes need dinner ideas. Your recipes are always winners. I don’t comment, but want you to know I’m always looking at and cooking your dishes. And I can’t be the only one. Keep on cooking! MS

    ReplyDelete