Tuesday, November 01, 2022

The Golden Girls Cookbook by National Geographic - TLC Book Tours

 

About National Geographic’s The Golden Girls Cookbook: Cheesecakes and Cocktails!

 Publisher: National Geographic (September 13, 2022)
Hardcover: 160 pages

Containing over forty new dessert and drink recipes from Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and Sophia, this follow-up to the first The Golden Girls Cookbook will make you feel like you’re relaxing on the lanai or getting set to win the Shady Pines bake-off.

Fans demanded more Golden Girls cheesecake recipes, and the Fab Four deliver with The Golden Girls Cookbook: Cheesecakes and Cocktails! Rose’s The Fall of St. Olaf Pumpkin Cheesecake and Dorothy’s Vodka and Black Underwear drink vie for your heart (and stomach) against Sophia’s Double Fudge Amaretto Ricotta Cheesecake and Blanche’s Big Daddy Mint Julep. With easy-to-follow tips, you’ll learn how to make your cheesecake the star of any kitchen table and your drinks something talk about over, well, drinks.

And if that’s not enough, Sophia’s guide to Caffè Corretto will make the rest of your day very correct-o. Welcome to 6151 Richmond Street, circa 1985, where joy and friendship abound, and the cheesecake is always ready for a late-night therapy session.

Filled with innovative recipes by renowned chef Christopher Styler, and beautiful photos by New York Times food photographer Andrew Scrivani–plus fun quotes, jokes, and photographs from the show–this is a must-have for all fans of The Golden Girls.

 

 
 
My thoughts:
What a fun cookbook to add to my collection.  
 
If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with cookbooks and cooking, hence my food blog along with this main one.  When I got the opportunity to review this cookbook, I was so excited, not just for the recipes within in, but I am such a huge Golden Girls fan.
 
My childhood revolved around The Golden Girls, I remember watching the show as a teenager.  My favorite was always Sophia, I mean, who didn't love the feisty old lady Hahahah  And then Dorothy, of course.  I didn't dislike Rose or Blanche, but Sophia and Dorothy were my favorites. 

I got the cookbook in the mail and immediately browsed through it.  I thought it would be just recipes but it's not, it has sections divided by the different ladies in the show, and each contains funny tidbits, along with recipes for cheesecakes and cocktails.  I mean, what is there not to like?

There are also cast and show photos, with little stories and even dialogue between the characters.  It was so much fun to read through, and the recipes?  Oh my.
 




I have many that I'll be trying, but I asked my kids to pick one for me to make first, and they both picked the Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Squares.  They were not only super easy to make, didn't use many ingredients, but oh my word, they are divine.  
 


 
If you love cookbooks, love The Golden Girls, love cocktails and just want a really cool cookbook to add to your collection, or to gift over Christmas, this is definitely one to get.
 
Thank you to TLC Book Tours and National Geographic, for providing me with a copy for review.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment