12 Days of Baking!!! *DAY 1*
Starting today, I'm going to post a baking recipe everyday, for the next 12 days until Christmas. How does that sound??? I know that during the holidays a lot of us bake cookies, and cookie bars, fudge and pies and all that yummy goodness, so I thought it would be a neat idea to have the 12 Days of Baking.
If you like Brownies as much as I do, then this recipe is definitely a MUST TRY, they are so good!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1. In a saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove the mixture from the heat.Stir in 1-1/3 cups of the sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool the mixture for 15 minutes. Beat in the 3 eggs and the 3/4 cup flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, the cream cheese, the 1 egg, the 4 teaspoons flour, and the 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 2/3 of the chocolate batter in the pan. Spoon cream cheese layer over batter. Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Bake for 12 minutes more. Cool. Cover; store in the refrigerator. Let the chilled dessert stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to serve. Makes 16 servings.