Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Smokehouse Burgers!

I love the Kraft Food and Family Magazine, so when I got it the other day I instantly ooohhhhed at the Smokehouse Burger recipe, it went on my menu immediately and that's what I'm fixing tonight along with a pasta salad on the side.

Image courtesy of Sweetnicks


Smokehouse Burgers

Recipe courtesy of Kraft

Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 32 min
Makes: 4 servings, one cheeseburger each

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
1 medium red onion, cut into 4 slices
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, divided
4 KRAFT Singles
4 lettuce leaves
4 slices tomato (about 1 medium)
4 hamburger buns, split, grilled

PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat. Mix meat and barbecue sauce; shape into four patties. Brush onion slices with 2 Tbsp. of the dressing.

GRILL patties and onions 5 min. on each side or until patties are cooked through (160°F) and onions are tender, brushing onions occasionally with remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing. Top each patty with Singles; grill an additional 1 to 2 min. or until Singles begin to melt.

PLACE 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice and burger on bottom half of each bun. Cover with onions and tops of buns.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I saw these in the magazine too! I am dying to know what you think!

    I also want to hear thumbs up/down on the ham, broccoli, cheese, rice dish. Looks really good.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! These sound fantastic! And now that it's grilling season again, I'll have to give these a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! That burger sounds and looks wonderful!
    blessings,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete