Monday, August 27, 2007

Blender Pie!!!

I have this recipe for a Blender Pie that I have made a couple times, it's one of those "I'm in the mood for dessert but have nothing to make an elaborate one".........so you run to the pantry and grab a couple things, literally dump it all in the blender, mix it up and pour it into a pie dish, bake it and VOILA. That's it!!!

This is what I made for dessert tonight. It's SO good, custard like, forms it's own crust on the bottom and top....just YUMMY!!!

Blender Pie

BLENDER PIE

4 eggs
1/2 cup flour
6 Tbsp. soft margarine
1 c. flaked coconut (you can leave it out if you wish)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. milk
3/4 cup sugar

Combine all ingredients in blender; blend on high speed until thoroughly mixed. Pour into buttered and floured 10-inch pie pan or oblong dish.


Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes. Test with a knife as for custard. Makes 1 (10-inch) pie.

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! This looks amazingly good and sounds so simple to make! I am definitely going to have to try this!
    Thanks for stopping by my site. I hope you have been able to get all settled into your new place. I understand about having to move from one place to the other - my father was military.
    Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, this looks good! Growing up, I loved egg custard pie, but have never learned how to make it. This looks so much easier, and I almost always have these ingredients on hand (minus the coconut, we don't eat that stuff!). So, if you leave the coconut out, you don't substitute anything else? :)

    Thanks for sharing this Sandra, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that looks so good and I can't believe how easy it is. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be perfect for a potluck..Thanks a bunch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy sounds great to me. And coconut? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make egg custard pie once in a while. This one looks so ymmmy and I won't have to make a crust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm! Looks easy and yummy! It also uses ingredients that are normally on hand. I'll have to try it. Quick pie to whip up for guests too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eu não posso vir aqui. Dá - me uma fome!...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been making this for years and it's about the only way my husband will eat coconut...

    Oh, and it's even better COLD!!

    ReplyDelete