Crockpot Enchilada Casserole
I love Mexican food and I love my crockpot, so anytime that I can combine the two it just makes me super happy.
I've made Enchilada Casserole before but not in the crockpot, so I'm eager to see how this one turns out. It smells really good right now and if that's an indication of how it will taste, I think we'll have a winner on our hands.
I plan to make a big salad to go with it. Enjoy!
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, minced fine
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 package taco seasoning mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
9 corn tortillas
1. Blend tomatoes with onion and garlic in blender.
2. Pour in medium saucepan.
3. Add pepper, salt and tomato paste.
4. Heat until boiling, then simmer 5 to10 minutes.
5. Place 3 tortillas in bottom of crock pot.
6. Layer on tortillas 1/3 of ground beef, 1/3 tomato sauce and 1/3 Cheddar cheese, then 3 more tortillas.
7. Repeat each layer 2 more times, ending with cheese.
8. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
9. (I usually go 5 hours to keep beef from overcooking).