Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blueberry Cobbler

Oh I have just been craving a Blueberry Cobbler, but for some reason I kept forgetting to buy the blueberries whenever I went grocery shopping.

2010_08170026

This last time I actually remembered to pick them up, so last night I whipped up a quick Blueberry Cobbler for after dinner.....it's SO good and it's a recipe I use all the time.

You can substitute with any fruit of your liking, like peach or strawberries or whatever you wish.


2010_08170024

Blueberry Cobbler

1/2 cup butter
1 c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 c milk
4 cup fresh or frozen fruit, whatever you like
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Place the butter in a 13" X 9" pan, you can cut it into pieces to melt faster if you wish. Place the pan into the oven and let the butter melt, it won't take very long at all.

In a medium bowl, mix the flour, 3/4 cups of the sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.

In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon together.

2010_08170007

When the butter is melted, take the pan out of the oven, pour the batter in but do not stir it into the butter. Pour the fruit mixture over the batter, again DO NOT stir.

Bake for 40-45 mins or until golden brown. Eat warm or let it cool. We like ours warm with a big scoop of ice cream. YUM!

2010_08170022

Just look at that goodness??? It's delicious.

2010_08170029

4 comments:

  1. It just so happens I bought 2 containers of blueberries today. This recipe looks easy enough that even I--a non-baker could make it. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry Cobbler is one of my favourites. Yours looks so delicious! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds simple and looks delish, and we have blueberries from our backyard bush, frozen and waiting for use! I'll try this when it gets cool enough to use the oven!

    ReplyDelete