Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Poor Man's Steak

I got this one from the Amish Cook at Home Cookbook, which I'm really enjoying.  

2012_03050016

I served mine with egg noodles and the family said that it was very much like Salisbury Steak, I have to agree, only thing I didn't add was the beef gravy.  Very tasty though and a great recipe for filling meal :)

2012_03050012
 

Poor Man's Steak


1 to 1½ lbs. lean hamburger
1 can (10¾-oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 t. salt
Pepper
¼ t. garlic powder
1 c. dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 small onion, chopped

Mix all of the ingredients except for the cream of mushroom soup and shape into a narrow loaf pan. Let set for at least 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Slice into pieces and grill or fry just enough to brown each side.

2012_03050008

Put slices in layers in a roaster pan and spread cream of mushroom soup over it (without adding water).

2012_03050010

Bake for one hour at 325°.

2012_03050013

5 comments:

  1. OH Yum! I saw that recipe in the preview one you shared on FB. Definitely want to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie2:11 PM

    That looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try that recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make this. This cook book is sounding better all the time. I better check it out at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly12:07 AM

    I made this last night and it was super tasty!!! My Husband thought Gravy would make a nice addition. We had it with Mashed Potatoes and veggies and it was really good. Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last week and it turned out great! Everyone in the family loved it!

    ReplyDelete