Monday, November 25, 2013

Black's Bakeware Dimpled Cookie Sheet



Boy do I have a great product to talk to you about.

A few weeks ago I was sent a cookie sheet from Black's Bakeware.

But a cookie sheet is just....a cookie sheet, right?  Oh my friends, that is where you're wrong.  It's not just any old cookie sheet, it is a dimpled cookie sheet and what it can do for you cookie baking is wonderful.

It has now become my only cookie sheet specifically assigned to cookie baking, and I do a lot of that around here.

But who exactly is Black's Bakeware and how did this cookie sheet come about?

Let me introduce you to Charlie Black, a retired military veteran.  


Charlie Black is a retired military veteran with decades of experience in mess halls and commercial kitchens.

During Charlie’s time in the kitchen, he began to notice a pattern: traditional baking sheets were becoming warped after repeated exposure to heat. If you’ve ever spent any time around the military, you know that anything less than perfection won’t cut it, so Charlie made it his mission to create the perfect baking sheet. That’s how Black’s Bakeware was born.

Charlie created his first cookie sheets in the workshop behind his home in West Virginia. He quickly found a home for them in schools and restaurants in the local area. Charlie’s process of making the perfect cookie starts with the perfect cookie sheet.

What sets his baking sheet apart from the rest is Black’s patented dimples, which not only act as place markers for dough so your cookies won’t run together as they bake, but also they prevent your cookies from sticking. Cookies and breads will bake evenly throughout, thanks to the patented design. Now, after almost 12 years Black’s Bakeware is being released to the general public. Find out why professionals and commercial kitchens count on Black’s Bakeware!

Black's Bakeware

I got the small baking sheet, which measures 11” x 15 ½” – bakes 12 desserts, rolls, or biscuits
All-natural, aircraft-grade aluminum – None of the carcinogenic chemicals found in other baking sheets
100% Made in the USA
No oil needed!
Easy to clean and easy to store!

Black's Bakeware

Truth be told, I didn't really know what to expect, nor did I imagine that those little dimples in the sheet would be the secret to perfectly baked cookie.  I have had so many cookie sheets, matter of fact still do have tons, but I always end up having to put foil or parchment paper over them because they get so dingy and nasty.

Not to mention that they never bake the cookies exactly the same way, some are over baked, others are not yet done.  It's a pain.

Did you know that commercial chefs use these sheets?

Black's Bakeware

I got a batch of Oatmeal cookies in the oven.  I was so eager to give it a try and see if it really did do what it says it does.

True enough, the cookies baked evenly and came out about the same size.  Just beautiful cookies.

Black's Bakeware

One thing I'll tell you about this sheet, is that it makes a great addition to your kitchen, especially if you love baking with your little ones.

Even though my kids are not little anymore, they still enjoy baking with me and they found that the dimples on the sheet made it easy to know exactly where to put the cookie dough, as they're evenly spaced apart.


Black's Bakeware

Yum, Yum, Yum!

I now have a very happy husband and kids, a very happy kitchen, an easy cookie sheet to clean and the knowledge that I'll never have to worry about burnt, uneven, stuck cookies again.

These really are the best baking sheets I have ever come across.

I don't know exactly when they'll be available for purchase, but I'm waiting to hear back on that and as soon as I have an answer for you, I will come and let you know.  I think they would make a great gift for the baker in your family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment