Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Candied Pecans


I still have quite an abundance of pecans in my freezer, from our harvest last year.

One of the family's favorite ways to eat pecans, as a snack, is Candied Pecans.

Crunchy, sweet, cinnamon flavored and just the perfect little snack not only around the holidays but any time in the year.

I got the recipe over at A Dish of Daily Life, and it's been sitting in my Bookmarks for quite a long time, and I mean a long time, couple years.  Once we started harvesting our Pecans and realized how many I had, I pulled out all my pecan recipes and this one was a must try.

They are quite addictive so be forewarned.

Candied Pecans

Candied Pecans

2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup boiling water
3 cups pecan halves
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions

Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and boiling water in a small saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Continue to cook at a slow boil over medium heat for about 8 minutes or so, stirring constantly.
Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in pecans.
Let cool for a few minutes, and then add vanilla, and continue to stir until pecans are evenly coated.
Pour pecans onto a sheet of parchment paper.
Separate nuts that have clumped together with a fork.
Let cool.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment