Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Pressure Cooker Bangers and Mash

It's no secret that one of my favorite kitchen gadgets, has been my pressure cooker.  The versatility and the endless ways we can prepare food in it, is by far one of the best investments you could ever make for your kitchen.

I received mine two years ago for Christmas, and I've actually requested another one for this year, that's how much I love mine.

One thing I find quite a lot of fun to do, is adapting recipes from the oven or stove, to make in the pressure cooker, I just find that it cuts down cooking time dramatically and sometimes, when our days are super busy, it really helps get a good home cooked meal on the table.


_MG_3202

Pressure Cooker Bangers and Mash


6 thick sausages
olive oil
1 cups water
1 packet of onion gravy mix





Turn the pressure cooker on to Saute, and then add a drizzle of olive oil, add the sausages and cook until brown.  When done, pour in the cup of water and the packet of onion gravy mix.  Press the cancel button on the pressure cooker.

Pop on the lid, make sure the valve is set to seal, then cook on Manual High for 6 minutes.  As soon as it is ready, click cancel/keep warm, and do a quick release of the steam.  I like to pop on a kitchen towel over the valve when releasing the steam so it doesn't sputter everywhere.


If the gravy is very thin, you can turn on the saute feature again and add in about a tablespoon of cornstarch, mix it well to avoid clumps and let sauce thicken.

2 comments:

  1. English Bangers(sausages) have a unique taste/flavor that seems to come from white pepper being included in its mix of seasoning. I have only found them in some specialty grocery chains. In the Houston area this was at certain Fiesta stores with international sections, in a freezer. It would be nice to find a source that had frozen overnight shipping for sausage. Any information would be welcome at (eocsor01@consolidated.net) Thanks Very Kindly William York aka templerman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my instant pot and am excited to be trying new things. Any idea if I could put potatoes in there to cook at the same time? I see in the picture that you serve yours with mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete