Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Pao de Liquidificador - Blender Sandwich Bread

_MG_5185

Right, you're probably wondering if I've lost my mind, or wondering just what in the world is a blender sandwich bread.

I had those same kind of thoughts when I first came upon this recipe, but, I'm all for trying new things and the fact that it was basically made in a blender, peaked my interest.

If you're looking for a typical stodgy, firm bread, this is not it, this bread is a softer, flakier consistency, but equally delicious.  And hey, it's easy, dump a bunch of things in a blender, then mix with flour and yeast.

This bread is quite common in Brazil.  You're probably questioning my interest in all things Brazil lately, and the truth is that my greatgrandparents, on my grandfather's side, were Brazilian.  Just recently, I have started delving more into ancestry and family trees and trying to trace back our beginnings, and that has really made me want to tap more into this part of my heritage, so don't be surprised to see a few more recipes here and there from the beautiful country of Brazil.

But that's enough jabbering for now, you're probably sitting there waiting patiently for the recipe, so here it goes.  Give it a try and do let  me know what you think, in the comments down below.

_MG_5182

Pao de Liquidificador - Blender Sandwich Bread


2 packets of instant yeast
1 and a half cups of warm water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt (I will add more next time as I feel it wasn't enough)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
3 eggs
4 cups all purpose flour


In a blender, beat the yeast with the warm water and the sugar.  Add in the salt, oil and eggs and mix well for about a minute.

Transfer to a big bowl, and add in the flour, mix well until the dough is well incorporated.  The dough is not a typical bread dough so it will be quite soft and not as solid.

Pour into two greased loaf pans, and cover with a clean kitchen towel.  Let rise for an hour.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, when you say pour into 2 pans, is the finished dough pourable or as thick as regular bread dough? Is it tough mixing the flour in the bowl into the liquid?

    ReplyDelete