Monday, December 11, 2006

12 Days of Baking!!! *DAY 1*

Starting today, I'm going to post a baking recipe everyday, for the next 12 days until Christmas. How does that sound??? I know that during the holidays a lot of us bake cookies, and cookie bars, fudge and pies and all that yummy goodness, so I thought it would be a neat idea to have the 12 Days of Baking.


If you like Brownies as much as I do, then this recipe is definitely a MUST TRY, they are so good!



BROWNIE BOMBS
Credit: Midwest Living


Ingredients

  • 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1-2/3 cups sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces

Directions

1. In a saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove the mixture from the heat.Stir in 1-1/3 cups of the sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool the mixture for 15 minutes. Beat in the 3 eggs and the 3/4 cup flour.

2. In a mixing bowl, mix the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, the cream cheese, the 1 egg, the 4 teaspoons flour, and the 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.

3. Coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 2/3 of the chocolate batter in the pan. Spoon cream cheese layer over batter. Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.

4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Bake for 12 minutes more. Cool. Cover; store in the refrigerator. Let the chilled dessert stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to serve. Makes 16 servings.

4 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Gosh. These look so good! I don't know if I'll get to these with my holiday baking, but I definitely want to make these sometime. They look sooo good! Printing the recipe off right now. Thanks so much for sharing Sandra!

    I'm looking forward to your baking posts... maybe I can just look and not gain any weight, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two favorites -- chocolate and cream cheese. I'm DEFINITELY going to make some of those! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me - youre able to post 12 days in a row this time of year, and you obviously are baking too. I plan to do some baking soon and will just look over your list and pick from there. Much easier than bothering with my cookbooks - I love tried and true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look TOO TOO good! And easy, too! Will have to try it for sure!

    ReplyDelete