Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Granny's Fudge!

Great recipe from the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook. 

 


Granny's Fudge
 
4 1/2 c. sugar 
5-oz. can evaporated milk 
3 6-oz. pkgs. chocolate chips 
1 c. butter, melted 
 
Optional: 
1 c. chopped nuts 
1 t. vanilla extract 
 
In a large saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil; continue cooking for 7 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. 
 
Spread mixture into a greased 8"x8" pan; let cool. Makes about one pound.

3 comments:

  1. I love Gooseberry Patch...yum fudge! Have you ever had Mackinaw fudge?
    -Sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I gained 10 pounds just visiting your blog - YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I love fudge.

    I wonder if you can give me a link to a gooseberry cookbook? I've never heard of it.

    Thank-you!

    http://grammyrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete