Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Poor Man's Steak

I got this one from the Amish Cook at Home Cookbook, which I'm really enjoying.  

2012_03050016

I served mine with egg noodles and the family said that it was very much like Salisbury Steak, I have to agree, only thing I didn't add was the beef gravy.  Very tasty though and a great recipe for filling meal :)

2012_03050012
 

Poor Man's Steak


1 to 1½ lbs. lean hamburger
1 can (10¾-oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 t. salt
Pepper
¼ t. garlic powder
1 c. dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 small onion, chopped

Mix all of the ingredients except for the cream of mushroom soup and shape into a narrow loaf pan. Let set for at least 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Slice into pieces and grill or fry just enough to brown each side.

2012_03050008

Put slices in layers in a roaster pan and spread cream of mushroom soup over it (without adding water).

2012_03050010

Bake for one hour at 325°.

2012_03050013

5 comments:

  1. OH Yum! I saw that recipe in the preview one you shared on FB. Definitely want to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try that recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make this. This cook book is sounding better all the time. I better check it out at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this last night and it was super tasty!!! My Husband thought Gravy would make a nice addition. We had it with Mashed Potatoes and veggies and it was really good. Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last week and it turned out great! Everyone in the family loved it!

    ReplyDelete