Monday, October 29, 2012

Fun Parfaits

I've been making these for my family for as long as I can remember.  Sometimes I add a layer of whipped topping as well, other times I omit it, it depends on the occasion.

Fun Parfaits

Yesterday, rather, last night....I went into the kitchen to make some in jars and when I poured the jello using the speed set method, one of the jars fell to the side at an angle.  It was teetering on the lid and I thought, now wouldn't it be cool if it set like that????

And there came the idea.


Fun Parfaits
Fun Parfaits

1 box jello
1 box vanilla pudding
Berries
Mason Jars

Make the jello according to box directions, pour into jars about halfway up.  Close tightly with lid, then set them in the refrigerator at an angle.  You can prop them on whatever is in there that will keep them at a 45 degree angle.  Let it set.

When jello is done, make the pudding following the directions.  Again I used the speed method to set faster.

Remove the jars from the fridge, and slowly and carefully pour the pudding into the jars.  Close tightly and place back in the fridge to set.

That's it.

Fun Parfaits

I topped these with frozen raspberries, but next time I'm going to use granola, different berries, maybe a layer of whipped topping.

Christmas time I think I'll do 3 layers horizontally, using red jello, vanilla pudding and a layer of green jello.  How fun!

Fun Parfaits

5 comments:

  1. These look absolutely lovely and something that would be fun to do with the hundreds of mason jars I've got from my late gran (South African of course). Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love, love!!! Did I say "love these"??? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found out your blog and really love your recipes!

    Marisa,
    http://sweetmykitchen.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and so cute! Thanks for linking up with us this week at FFF.
    Dawn
    host and fellow blogger
    http://spatulasoparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete