Friday, June 14, 2019

Meal Plan Friday - #1

Friday segment spotlighting the meals for the week ahead. Why Friday? Because I grocery shop Bi-weekly, on Fridays.

This week's plan includes 2 new recipes, therefore no links for those yet, and some family favorites which you will find on the food blog, Full Bellies, Happy Kids.



Hello everyone, and welcome to my first Meal Plan Friday post.

Over the years I have talked about how much I rely on meal planning.  I first dabbled with meal planning when I was about 15.   I was still at home at the time, not married, but my stepmother had always meal planned for our family, and anytime she and my dad were away from home, it fell to me to plan and cook for myself and my brothers.

It was something I thoroughly enjoyed and actually looked forward to.  She would leave me the money for the grocery shopping in an envelope and I would take it from there.

Once I got married and moved to the United States, I continued planning our meals and have done so for the past 21 years.  I can't function without it, and find it quite stressful to figure out meals if I don't already know what I'm preparing ahead of time.

With that in mind, you also already know that I shop for 2 weeks at a time, so my meal plan is is done in two week increments.  I decided that instead every Friday I would share my meal plan for the week ahead.  I was going to do it for two weeks at a time, but that would be a pretty long post, so I'll just stick to one week.  Yes I do share my meals in my Happy Homemaker Monday, but this post is a bit more detailed in that I'll share the links, photos and talk about any new recipes I'll be trying or any that we tried and so on. 

Maybe it will give you some inspiration, or you may find a new recipe to try for your family.

Whatever the case, I hope you enjoy this new bi-weekly segment.  Have a wonderful weekend 🙂




Dinner Out - Mexican Restaurant

Beef and Broccoli with Rice



Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches, Waffle Fries



Carne de Panela (Portuguese Beef Tips), Rice and Beans



Frango Estufado (Portuguese Skillet Chicken), Mashed Potatoes, Salad



Hot and Spicy Lasagna, Garlic Bread






Lunch Lady Brownies




No comments:

Post a Comment