Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Roast Chicken Legs and Potatoes

_MG_7575

I have quite a few recipes on the blog, showing you different ways to make roast chicken.  Each is delicious, each is different to the other, and I don't always make my roast chicken exactly the same way.

However, this is another way I make it and just wanted to share with you.  It's a quick way to get some delicious chicken on the table, and your family will no doubt thank you for a yummy, comfort home cooked meal.

Also, before I share the recipe, I wanted to share with you how I prepare my chicken.  This is for any kind of chicken cut you're using, whether it be a whole chicken, a cut up chicken, legs, thighs or breasts.  I use the same process no matter what kind of chicken I'm using.

_MG_7573

So, what I do is place the chicken in a big bowl, cover it with water and then add about 2 or 3 tablespoons of white vinegar, depending on how much chicken I have.  Let sit for 10 minutes then rinse and proceed with recipe.

The reason I do this process, is because the vinegar pulls out all that slime that is usually between the meat and the skin, and it also helps to clean it, obviously.

Right, now that is out of the way, let's get that chicken roasting.




Roast Chicken Legs and Potatoes


Chicken legs (the amount really depends on you, but I used 2 pounds for this recipe)
4 garlic cloves, finely minced (I use 4 teaspoons from my garlic paste)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons mustard (I use spicy brown mustard)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons Aromat (I use aromat, but obviously if you don't have it, omit it)
1 packet of Sazon, your choice flavor
Salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro and Parsley, chopped


Potatoes, cut into fourths (you can peel or leave the skin on)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Chili flakes to taste
Paprika


Once you've cleaned your chicken.  Add all ingredients to a big bowl and using your hands, give it all a good mix.  You want the chicken to be completely coated in the seasoning.  Set aside to marinade for about 30 minutes.

In a separate bowl, add the potatoes, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes.  Mix well.

In a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and add the chicken legs, arrange the potatoes around and between the chicken, add remaining marinade from both chicken and potatoes.  Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro.



Bake at 400 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half, until chicken is cooked through and nice and crispy.

You can finish off with chopped green onion, if you wish.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks like something I might try very soon. And thanks for the tip about the vinegar. I'd never heard that one before, but will definitely be doing it going forward.

    ReplyDelete