Monday, August 24, 2020

Ikea Style Meatballs

You know how everyone always gushes about the Meatballs at Ikea?  I know, it's a bit strange considering it's a furniture store, but the one thing that everyone always comments on, is the fact that you can get some delicious meatballs for lunch.

I've never been to an Ikea, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for my wallet), we have never lived near one.

But, I wanted to give the famous meatballs a try, and I looked online for a recipe that I could try and replicate at home.  I found a few but ended up just winging it and using them for inspiration, rather than following a specific recipe to the letter.

Here's the thing though, since I've never actually tried the Ikea meatballs, I can't tell you if they are close to it or not, but I can tell you that they were delicious and a nice change from the usual tomato based sauce, we are so familiar with.

Give these a try and let me know what you think.

_MG_8920

Ikea Style Meatballs


Frozen meatballs
1 Stick of Butter
Flour
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon mustard (I used brown spicy mustard)
Garlic paste
Heavy cream
Chicken stock (homemade or store bought)
Parsley


In a pot, I added the stick of butter and the frozen meatballs, along with a little bit of water.  Turned the heat to medium, popped the lid on and let them cook until completely warmed through.

Next, I sprinkled on some flour and stirred to make sure they were evenly coated.  I poured in about a cup and a half of heavy cream, then added the soy sauce and the mustard.  Also added a little bit of garlic paste to taste.

I had a mason jar with some homemade chicken broth in the fridge, it was about 2 cups of broth.  I added that in, gave everything a good stir, and then simmered for a minute or so just until it was hot and the gravy had thickened.  Sprinkled on some parsley and served immediately over mashed potatoes.

_MG_8919

They were divine.  I hope you give them a try, and if you do, let me know in the comments what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment