Thursday, August 18, 2022

Orange Ricotta Cake

IMG_3403
 
I've been looking through all my old recipes and cookbooks.  If you didn't know, I am obsessed with cookbooks or all shapes and kinds, magazines, church cookbooks....you name it.  

I've amassed quite the collection, enough that I often forget what I have, so it's fun to go back and look.  It's during those moments, that I seem to find the best recipes, the ones that are not only delicious but tried and true, passed down from generation to generation, and the pure definition of comfort food.
 
 IMG_3407

This Orange Ricotta Cake is so unbelievably good.  It may seem like a simple cake, but the flavor packs quite a punch and if you're worried about the Ricotta cheese, don't, you won't even notice it's there, aside from giving the cake a soft and fluffy texture.

I am not a fan of very rich, full of frosting, kind of cakes, I much prefer simple cakes.  They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.  So this one, is what I would call one of my favorites, and I do hope you enjoy it too.

IMG_3404

Orange Ricotta Cake

 
3/4 cup of butter
1 and half cups of sugar
15 oz Ricotta cheese (425 Gr) 
3 large eggs
1 and half cups of flour
Zest and juice from one orange
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and pale yellow.  Add in the eggs one at a time.  Next add the ricotta, the flour, zest and juice from one orange, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.  

Mix until well combined.

Pour into a greased and floured cake pan.  (I used my 9 inch springform pan).  Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean.

Let cool completely, remove from cake pan and dust with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. This cake looks delicious! I love ricotta cake. I make a berry ricotta cake from Bon Appetit that is a crowd pleaser every time. I have used raspberries, blackberries, and/or blueberries. I cannot wait to try orange like your recipe suggests.

    Recipe for berry ricotta cake: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/raspberry-ricotta-cake

    ReplyDelete