I made these on Sunday for dinner and the kids and hubby just LOVED them. I did too, they are sooo tasty. Now I didn't exactly follow the recipe, I did omit some things, but I will tell you which.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened *I didn't use the cream cheese*
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced * I also didn't use the avocado in mine*
In a bowl, combine first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes.
Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion and avocado on roll bottoms; replace tops.
Yield: 4 servings