Friday, July 14, 2006

FIVE INGREDIENTS FRIDAY!!!



Ok it's friday and time for another Five Ingredients Recipe. Run on over to Overwhelmed, especially if you're hungry and don't know what to make.....the ladies all have great recipes to share.

Did I ever tell you how obsessed and addicted I am to recipes and cookbooks??? No??? Well I am, so if you ever see me next to you grabbing a cookbook, please, don't try to take it, I would hate for someone to get hurt LOL Just kidding, I'm not a violent person at all!!! LOL

This recipe that I'm sharing, doesn't have 5 ingredients, it actually only has 4, but I'm sure that's not a problem.
I picked this one because it's the season for camping and hiking and everyone is outdoors. This is great for a camp out.

Dutch Oven Campfire Cobbler

1 box white or yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups water
2 cans cinnamon apple pie filling

Line Dutch oven with foil. Empty pie filling into Dutch oven. Empty cake mix on top of pie filling and spread evenly. Add butter and water. DO NOT MIX. Place Dutch oven on 10 coals. Place 8 coals on lid of Dutch oven. Bake for about 1 hour.

NOTE: Any type of pie filling can be used. Cherry filling with chocolate cake makes a good combination.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this recipe! Where did you get your Dutch Oven Campfire Cobbler? I need to add that to my collection of cast iron!! Was it expensive? We don't camp often enough but I'd love to try this when we do.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and by the way, I'm also obsessed and addicted I am to recipes and cookbooks, which is why I love this recipe exchange so much! We need to spread the word and get more people on the bandwagon so we have even more recipes to obsess over. :)

    And 4 ingredients is not a problem...5 or less is the guideline.

    ReplyDelete