For today I'm sharing my Portuguese Steaks, they can be served 2 ways....you can either serve them for dinner with some homemade fries (the way I make them more often), or you can serve them as a sandwich in some fresh french rolls which is called a Bifana (I do this for a quick lunch or light dinner).
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine red wine, water, garlic, chile paste, white pepper and salt. Add beef, and turn to coat evenly.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, fry 3 steaks for 2 minutes on each side; Set steaks aside, and drain liquids into the red wine mixture. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Pour oil into skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Fry steaks for a second time, 2 minutes on each side. Drain oil, and return all steaks and marinade to the pan. Allow to boil for 2 minutes.