Menu Plan Monday!!!
Hey Ladies, come on into my kitchen and see what I'm cooking this week....I have some old family favorites and some new ones too. The favorites usually have recipes up already so I'll link, and if not, then I will have the recipes up on the day that I make them, so if you're interested in a specific recipe just come back OR let me know and I'll go ahead and get the recipes up for you:)
If you're interested in playing along or just checking out what everyone is cooking, run on over to "I'm an Organizing Junkie".
Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch: Omelettes in a bag
Dinner: Portuguese Chicken Piri-Piri
Lunch: Soup & Sandwiches
Dinner: Caldo Verde (portuguese kale soup)
Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast
Lunch: Pot Pies & Mixed Veggies
Dinner: Jasmine's Birthday (out to dinner)
Breakfast: Cereal, milk
Lunch: PB&J Sandwiches
Dinner: Empadao (Shepherd's Pie)
Breakfast: Banana Pancakes, Juice
Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas
Dinner: Homemade Pizza
Breakfast: Bagels w/ cream cheese
Lunch: Baked Ham and Cheddar Sandwiches
Dinner: Fettucine Alfredo
Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy
Dinner: Beef Curry
I serve mine with homemade fries and some portuguese salad (lettuce, onion, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper)
2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
3 tablespoons lemon juice
10 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (1 kg) lbs chicken pieces
2. Add chicken, turning to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally; can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to make it ahead.
4. Reserving marinade, place chicken, skin side down, on a greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Turn and brush with marinade; cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
6. For a less spicy version, replace above marinade with Portuguese Paprika Marinade: 1/3 cup dry white wine, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce, and 2 cloves of garlic, minced.