I made a few changes in mine, mainly I halved all the ingredients because the recipe makes two casseroles and I really didn't need an extra one at the time. I also left out the ground beef and used just Maple Sausage. It turned out REALLY REALLY good.
THE FIREHOUSE SPECIAL
Credit: Taste of Home
* 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
* 3 cups uncooked instant rice
* 4 tablespoons butter, divided
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 2 packages (12 ounces each) bulk spicy pork sausage
* 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
* 8 eggs, beaten
* 1 envelope onion soup mix
* 1 envelope leek soup mix
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
* Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
* In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining butter until tender; add to meat mixture. Stir in the spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, soup mixes, garlic powder, Creole seasoning and reserved rice mixture.
* Divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (10 servings each).