Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Flatbread Tacos w/ Ranch Cream Sauce

We love tacos but they do tend to get a little boring after a while, so when I was browsing my new Taste of Home Cookbook and saw this recipe, I just knew we had to give it a try.

It is delicious and the fact that it uses buttermilk biscuits for the shells is not only convenient but you will be amazed at just how good it tastes.

My kids gave it two thumbs up, hubby hasn't tried them yet, he will tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow what the verdict is. :)

2009_11030023


FLATBREAD TACOS WITH RANCH CREAM SAUCE
Credit: Taste of Home


Ingredients

* 1 c sour cream
* 2 tsp ranch salad dressing mix
* 1 tsp lemon juice
* 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
* 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans,rinsed and drained
* 1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes,undrained
* 1 envelope taco seasoning
* 1 Tbs hot pepper sauce
* 1 tube(16.3oz) large refrigerated biscuits
* Optional Toppings: sliced ripe olives,shredded lettuce,cheddar cheese


Directions

In small bowl,combine sour cream,dressing mix and lemon juice;chill till serving.

In large skillet cook beef over med. heat till no longer pink;drain. Add the beans,tomatoes,taco seasoning and pepper sauce;heat through.

Meanwhile,roll out each biscuit into a 6" circle.

2009_11030019

In a small non-stick skillet over med. heat,cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each sideor till golden brown;keep warm.

2009_11030022

4. To serve,spread each flatbread with 2 Tbs ranch sour cream;top each with 2/3 c meat mixture. sprinkle with toppings,if desired

2009_11030024

8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this shell!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi..
    passing by^^


    looks nice..

    and


    thanks for sharing yea^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious! What a great idea to make the flatbread. I would have never thought of that. You always keep me in good dinner ideas Sandra! Thanks so much! I love those Taste Of Home cookbooks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family loves tacos and taco salad and that bread looks delicious! We put ranch dressing on our taco's so I might try making the ranch sauce next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious--another great use for canned biscuits. Thanks. I was hoping you would post recipes for this menu--I think I would like to try all these. I just love your blog--you have great recipes for new to us foods--we have loved every recipe of yours that I have made. Thank you so much--I know if I am at a loss for supper, I can check your blog and find something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping it wa the same cookbook I had but I don't think it is )-;

    ReplyDelete