Flatbread Tacos w/ Ranch Cream Sauce
We love tacos but they do tend to get a little boring after a while, so when I was browsing my new Taste of Home Cookbook and saw this recipe, I just knew we had to give it a try.
It is delicious and the fact that it uses buttermilk biscuits for the shells is not only convenient but you will be amazed at just how good it tastes.
My kids gave it two thumbs up, hubby hasn't tried them yet, he will tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow what the verdict is. :)
* 1 c sour cream
* 2 tsp ranch salad dressing mix
* 1 tsp lemon juice
* 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
* 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans,rinsed and drained
* 1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes,undrained
* 1 envelope taco seasoning
* 1 Tbs hot pepper sauce
* 1 tube(16.3oz) large refrigerated biscuits
* Optional Toppings: sliced ripe olives,shredded lettuce,cheddar cheese
In small bowl,combine sour cream,dressing mix and lemon juice;chill till serving.
In large skillet cook beef over med. heat till no longer pink;drain. Add the beans,tomatoes,taco seasoning and pepper sauce;heat through.
Meanwhile,roll out each biscuit into a 6" circle.
In a small non-stick skillet over med. heat,cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each sideor till golden brown;keep warm.
4. To serve,spread each flatbread with 2 Tbs ranch sour cream;top each with 2/3 c meat mixture. sprinkle with toppings,if desired