Friday, May 14, 2010

Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken

I love Taste of Home, I have tons of their magazines and cookbooks and I can always find something easy and delicious.

This is one I found a few months ago and set aside to try, but then I forgot about it cause I'm a ditz like that. Anyway, I found it a few days ago and decided to give it a try so I could use up some chicken breasts I had.

SO good, the kids loved them.


2010_05100008

CRUNCHY ONION BARBECUE CHICKEN
Credit: Taste of Home

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
* 1-1/3 cups french-fried onions, crushed
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I cut mine into strips)

Directions

* Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.

2010_05100002

* Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.

2010_05100013

I served mine with creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!

7 comments:

  1. These look so good but I know the french fried onions have TONS of calories!! I still might have to try it though, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that is making me so hungry as I sit here with my cheerios!! Looks soooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I think French Fried Onions should have a food group all their own. I can't keep them in the house because I eat them as a snack. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so very good to me!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something my family would really enjoy--and I have all the ingredients on hand to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this last night, and it was a HUGE hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.