Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken
I love Taste of Home, I have tons of their magazines and cookbooks and I can always find something easy and delicious.
This is one I found a few months ago and set aside to try, but then I forgot about it cause I'm a ditz like that. Anyway, I found it a few days ago and decided to give it a try so I could use up some chicken breasts I had.
SO good, the kids loved them.
Credit: Taste of Home
* 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
* 1-1/3 cups french-fried onions, crushed
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I cut mine into strips)
* Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.
* Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
I served mine with creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!