Thursday, July 10, 2014

{ Homemade Vanilla Creamer }

Ohhhh creamer, I love it so much.  I get so excited when Fall and Christmas roll around because I know that all the limited edition creamers will be hitting the shelves.

One thing I don't get excited about is the price.  These creamers can be quite pricey at times.

Of course you can forego the creamer in your coffee, but I'm a creamer kinda gal, I have to have a little splash of somethin' somethin' in there.  My favorite is plain old vanilla, but I also love caramel, cinnamon, girl scout cookies and hazelnut and creme brulee....see my problem???

If you only know just how easy it is to make these at home, you would never buy another at the store, and hey, if you keep a couple cans of sweetened condensed milk in the pantry, you will never run out.

So here you go, easy peasy creamer.

Homemade Vanilla Creamer
Homemade Vanilla Creamer

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 and half cups of milk (can be skim, low fat, vitamin D, whatever)
Vanilla extract

Mix everything in a mason jar, shake it up well, and pop in the refrigerator.  It keeps for about 2 weeks.

Homemade Vanilla Creamer

How easy is that???

Kick it up, kick it down, change the flavoring, it's up to you.

Here are a few you can try:

Vanilla extract
Vanilla extract with a teaspoon of cinnamon
Almond extract
Cocoa
Coconut Extract
Pumpkin Pie Spice

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness LOL Sorry Amy, it is Vanilla Extract, I'm used to saying essence which is how we refer to it in South Africa. I edited it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy recipe!

    Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I need to try this. I go through creamer like crazy! I also love the special edition holiday creamers. I love the pumpkin spice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try making this today, but I was wondering how much vanilla extract to we put in there? I've been addicted to french vanilla creamer since they came out with it...many many years ago.

    ReplyDelete