Wednesday, July 09, 2014

{ Nando's Peri Peri Chicken }



I grew up in South Africa, as many of you know.  One of the things that I also grew up on, was the amazing taste of Nando's Chicken.  Oh my word, I can't begin to tell you how excited I would get when my parents would say that we were getting Nando's for dinner.

The minute you would walk into the Nando's Restaurant, you were hit with the delicious aroma of flame grilled chicken.  I remember we would get a whole chicken, plus fries and a salad and it was like the highlight of my week.  So good.

Since moving to the USA 16 years ago, I have not had any and I've missed it so very very much.  I do know that Nando's has a few restaurants here in the States but they are nowhere near where I live, unfortunately.

A few weeks ago I got an email asking me if I would be willing to try out some Nando's Sauces.  I swear, if you had to see my expression you would have thought someone just offered me a million dollars.  LOL

Nando's Peri Peri Chicken

I immediately said yes and waited *impatiently* for them to arrive, which didn't take very long.

The perfect time for me to try it the out, came when the World Cup game between Portugal and USA aired.  I invited my family over, because they too are huge Nando's fans, and we had a barbecue out back.

Nando's Peri Peri Chicken

We used two chickens, and one with slathered on the Nando's Medium Sauce, the other we used the Garlic Sauce.

Nando's Peri Peri Chicken

My word, these were to die for.  We didn't even really eat anything else that was cooked that, we dug right into the chicken and devoured.  My husband and kids were in heaven, my brother and sister in law, niece and nephew and I were transported back to South Africa with just one bite, and everyone agreed that this was the best grilled chicken EVER.

Nando's Peri Peri Chicken

I don't really know what else to say about this other than TRY it.  Do yourself a favor and get some of the Nando's sauces, you will love them.

Best thing is that even though they are renowned for their amazing chicken, these sauces can also be used for seafood and meat.

_MG_4851

I had one jar left and decided to throw something together for dinner.  I didn't use a recipe, just marinated the beef in the sauce, then fried it on the skillet with some tomato sauce, onion and garlic.  Made a nice gravy with it and then added in some rice.

It was AMAZING, so delicious and had a nice kick to it.

All this to tell you that you have to buy Nando's sauces, and you have to cook with them, and if you can, you have to visit a local restaurant.  If you're in Washington D.C, Maryland and Virginia, be sure to check them out, for locations look here.

Thank you so much to Nando's for providing me with samples of their amazing sauce. 


4 comments:

  1. Hey, I've seen bottles of that Peri Peri sauce in the international foods aisle at Stop and Shop. I've read references to Peri Peri here, so the bottles caught my eye. I'm going to have to pick some up and grill some chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. Without wanting to make you jealous I have a Nando's just around the corner from my office, it's our payday treat sometimes. I simply love it. Lovely pictures, glad you were treated to these products.

    Nicole - www.missfridaysfeast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't visit your food blog as often as I should! But this post just made me smile so much I had to comment! Nando's has an almost cult following in the south east UK - Their Medium chicken caesar salad was one of the few things I really craved while pregnant... and now I fancy a Nando's!

    ReplyDelete