Sunday, March 01, 2020

Creamy Garlic Bread

_MG_7529

Anytime we have pasta, garlic bread seems to be a must around here.  My family immediately expect it, and because I love them, I abide.

This is a very easy homemade garlic bread that you can quickly whip up.  I typically make it in the oven but it is also delicious on the grill.  (anyone else looking forward to summer and cook outs?)

The bread to use is really up to you, I prefer making it with bread rolls, and usually I have Bolillos on hand which I purchase from Walmart, but sometimes I don't and in that case I'll use hotdog buns or hoagie buns.  I don't recommend making these with sliced bread, it just doesn't turn out the same way.

I don't measure for this recipe, I eyeball it and I suggest you do the same, basically go with your own taste.  However, I am giving you measurements below for a typical mixture I make when preparing this bread, just adjust according to the amount you're making, adding more or less.

You can make a big batch ahead of time, and freeze them for later use.

_MG_7528

Creamy Garlic Bread

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
Chopped garlic, about 5 cloves (I use my homemade garlic paste)
Oregano to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I also use cheddar or mozzarella sometimes)
2 tablespoons cilantro and parsley, mixed (I use my homemade Cheiro Verde)
8 bolillos or other bread roll


Mix all ingredients well to form a paste.

Slice your rolls vertically, making slices about an inch thick, but not cutting all the way down.  Spread the mixture onto each slice, carefully so as not to pull the bread apart.

Cover tightly in aluminum foil and bake at 400 F, for about 15 minutes until hot and the cheese is bubbly.

If you're doing it on the grill, just wrap tightly in foil and pop on the grill for about 5 minutes.  You can pull them off and unwrap to see if they're done.  I like to turn them over a few times to get them really nice and crispy.



No comments:

Post a Comment