Friday, August 25, 2006

FIVE INGREDIENTS FRIDAY!!! Aug. 25th



Yay another friday, and another day to collect tons of yummy recipes from some great blogging ladies out there. If you want to play along, go visit Overwhelmed with Joy and add your name to the list.

I'm sharing another crockpot recipe, I just love my slow cooker and when summer starts coming to an end, I pull it out and get it ready for the months ahead. Nothing better than heading out for errands and returning home to a wonderful aroma :)

This is another recipe I've tried many times and it's really good.

French Dip Sandwiches



3 lb. beef bottom round roast
1 onion, cut into 1/2" slices

14 oz. can beef broth with onions

8 hoagie buns
8 slices of swiss or american cheese

Trim fat from meat and cut, if necessary, to fit into a 3 to 6-quart crockpot. In large skillet, brown meat on all sides, about 5-10 minutes. Place onions in crockpot and top with beef. Pour broth over all.

Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-4-1/2 hours, until meat is tender. Remove meat from slow cooker, cover and let stand 10-15 minutes. Remove onions from crockpot. Split and toast the hoagie buns.

Slice meat thinly and arrange the cooked beef and onions on the toasted buns, top with a slice of cheese. Pour cooking juices from crockpot into small heatproof bowls and serve alongside the sandwiches for dipping.

8 comments:

  1. I love these sandwiches but have never made at home, now I will!!!!
    Thanks for the recipe!
    WIll have to try soon!!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made these before and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds yummy - and you know I love slow cooker recipes! Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds good. It would be a great recipe for a party too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buying what I need today, making these tomorrow and I'm tickled. We love French dip sandwiches but I've never made them. This looks so easy, I'm doing it! As always, thanks for yet another great recipe.

    ReplyDelete