Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cast Iron Beer Chicken

Well it seems like it's been forever since I've posted. I do apologize, but things have been absolutely hectic around here with the end of school for the kids and me with an abscessed tooth having to be extracted etc.

It's just been nuts, and though I have still continued to cook, I didn't make anything worth sharing, other than this chicken dish.

I recently was sent a Rachael Ray Cast Iron Enamel Casserole to review.

I can tell you that I fell in love at first sight and have been in love ever since, I have used NOTHING else to cook in. If you're interested in my review of the product, you can check out my main blog here.

I pretty much used the same recipe that I have already posted on here, just that I adapted it to my cast iron pan and I did omit the whipping cream.....not only did it cook in half the time but the chicken was literally falling off the bone. SO SO GOOD.

2010_05180033

Chicken with Beer


olive oil
1 chicken, cut up
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
garlic powder
1 bottle of beer
2 cups of water
1/2 bottle of heavy whipping cream (8 oz)


In a large skillet, add a little bit of olive oil and the chicken. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is browned on both sides.

Add the onions and the seasonings, the beer and the water.

2010_05180025

Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Keep checking to make sure it doesn't dry out, add more water if needed.

When the chicken is done, add the whipping cream and cook for a minute or two until thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or fries.

2010_05180032

2 comments:

  1. Sandra, that chicken looks delicious and how lucky are you that you got such a fabulous pan for free!! Wow, I am impressed! I have always wanted a cast iron pan like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, I was shocked too but it's now become my favorite pan to cook with.

    ReplyDelete