Saturday, June 05, 2021

Copycat McDonald's Big Mac

 
Raise your hand if you love a good Big Mac from McDonald's?  
 
So funny story, before I share the recipe, my kids are not huge hamburger lovers, both prefer chicken sandwiches.  No matter which fast food place we go to, they usually order a chicken sandwich, crispy of course.  My son is a bit more adventurous, and like his mama, loves spicy food, so he will get the spicy chicken sandwich sometimes.
 
But, normally?  Yeah just chicken, no burgers.  They're nothing like me in that sense, because I love a good ol' burger.  Though I'm not a huge Mcdonald's fan, aside from the fries, because I will swim across an ocean for those, I do really enjoy a Big Mac.
 
If you've been on this food blog long enough, then you surely know that I love copycat recipes.  If I can find a recipe for a restaurant favorite, then I'm definitely going to try it.  
 
 

I wasn't quite sure if the Big Mac would be good, but let me tell you something, it was phenomenal and actually kicked up to a whole new level, simply because I grilled the burger patties.  
 
Oh my goodness!!!
 
But enough talking, let me just give you the recipe and set you loose, to make yourself these babies.  Your family is going to love you, and when you realize just how easy they are, you will have some Big Macs more often than you can get to McDonald's.  
 
 
Copycat McDonald's Big Mac
 Source: 4 Sons 'R' Us

 
Ingredients
For Big Mac sauce: 
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
2 tbsp French dressing 
1/2 tbsp sweet relish 
2 tsp dill pickle relish 
 1 tsp sugar 
1 tsp dried minced onion 
1 tsp white vinegar 
1 tsp ketchup 
1/8 tsp salt 
 
For the burgers: 
2 thin hamburger patties 
1 & 1/2 sesame seed buns 
1 slice yellow American cheese 
1 tbsp special sauce 
1 tsp finely minced white onion 
1/4 cup shredded lettuce 
2 dill pickle slices 
 salt and pepper, to taste 
 
 
 
To Make The Special Sauce 
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for an hour, at least, before serving. 
 
To Make The Big Macs 
Lightly toast two bottom buns. Season the hamburger patties with salt and pepper, to taste. 
 
Grill the burger patties, until done.  On the first of the two bottom buns, add ½ tablespoon of the Special Sauce, ½ teaspoon of the onion, ⅛ cup of shredded lettuce, cheese, and one hamburger patty. 
 
Place the other bottom bun on top, and top it with the same items mentioned above, but no cheese. Top with the remaining bun top.
 

 

1 comment: