Thursday, June 10, 2021

Cheesy Beefy Nachos

IMG_0876 

Of all the foods my husband loves, I would have to say that nachos are top on the list.  This man could eat nachos every single day.

I have a few recipes here on the blog, like


IMG_0877

These are so easy to make.  I actually think nachos is one of those things you can't go wrong with, you have your basic meat and beans, then the rest is totally up to you.  Chicken, pork, ground beef, whatever your family prefers.
 
Garlic, onion, tomato, peppers?   Up to you.
 
That's the versatility of nachos, your taste, your preference.
 
These are really easy to make, and even better that it's all in one skillet and no need to dirty other dishes.  
 
It's a quick meal, comes together really easily and it's one of those that I like making when I'm rushing to get dinner on the table. 

IMG_0879

Cheesy Beefy Nachos
 
 
 
Ingredients 
2 lbs ground beef 
1 can beans (kidney, black or whichever you prefer.  I used pinto beans), drained
2 packets taco seasoning
1 cup of water
8 oz block cheese thinly sliced (I used colby jack but use whichever you prefer)

 
 
Instructions 
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain the grease.  Add the beans, taco seasoning, and water.  Stir until well combined, then simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
 
Remove from stove, top with the sliced cheese and any other toppings you want.  I added a few jalapeno slices for those of us that like the heat, but left the other side without because my daughter does not like spicy food.  Put the lid on and let sit for a few minutes until the cheese melts.

Spoon over tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment