Monday, July 19, 2021

Glitter Grapes

July 19, 2021
 
I have always believed in using up what you have, and not letting things go to waste.  For example, when I meal plan, I often look to see if there will be leftovers from a specific meal, that I can use for the next night, or a few nights over.

Roast a whole chicken, count on having leftovers that can be made into enchiladas, or chicken salad.  

I also don't like throwing things away, so I'm always trying to use up what we have in the fridge.  If it is some sort of vegetable that I can freeze, then I do so.  If it's fruit I try to make a fruit salad or jam.

I had some grapes that needed eating up soon, before they went bad, and since we've been having such hot weather here, these were the best excuse to make some glitter grapes.

July 19, 2021 

Now if you've never had glitter grapes, you're probably thinking I've lost my mind. But I assure you, I haven't, and if you've never tried these, you really don't know what you're missing. They are so easy to make, and the good thing is that you can make as much or as little as you want, making it the perfect treat for a get together. 

July 19, 2021 

Glitter Grapes 
 
 
Ingredients: 
Grapes 
Jello powder (flavor of your choosing)
Sugar 
 
 
Directions: 
For every 2 cups of grapes, you need 1 tablespoon of jello powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar.  Mix well, then pour into a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet, and freeze.

If you want to keep them frozen or make a big batch that you won't eat right away, you can place them in ziploc bags or a freezer safe container.


July 19, 2021

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of these, but find them very interesting! I bet they are refreshing on a hot day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete