Monday, March 06, 2006

Beef Curry

Ok I remember being in SA and eating tons of curry, anything from chicken to beef and my favorite shrimp or crab curry. OMG my mouth waters just at the thought.

So anyway, this weekend I made beef curry. I'm going to post the recipe here, again please remember I don't usually measure, I just eyeball.


http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/6250/2781/1600/DSCF1637.jpg
Beef Curry


1 lb cubed steak cut into bite size pieces
1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder (make sure it's a good one, mine is from south africa)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp crushed garlic
white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of coconut milk

Put the olive oil in a pan, add the steak, onions, tomatoes, curry powder, bay leaf and garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add about 1/2 cup of white wine. Stir and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until meat is cooked. Remember to keep adding a bit of water so it won't dry out completely.

When meat is done, add the can of coconut milk and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with white rice. Now here is something that my family back home always does. On the side we have a bunch of small plates with different toppings to add to the curry. Coconut, sliced bananas and green peppers, chopped into small pieces. Try it, believe it's DELISCIOUS!

Enjoy :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    I came back to tell you, my kids loved the "Pizza Pie",
    and asked me to make it again.
    I should buy me some american cook books.

    Uuh, but that "Curry Beef" looks so delicioso...I love curry!

    I like the changes you did to your blog...it looks awesome.
    You're a pro...I can't even get a profile picture in.
    How did you get the template?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) Thanks so much for dropping by again, glad your kids loved the "Pizza Pie", mine do too and frequently ask for more :) Try the curry, it's reallyyyyyyyy good LOL

    Just went by your blog, going to add it to my blogroll on my main one :)

    If you look on the right side of my blog, at the bottom, it says Template by: Caz. Click on that link and then go through the templates they have. All you do then is download the one you want, open the text file, copy it, then go to your blog and replace the template code with that one. Your posts and everything will still be there :)

    Let me know if that worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it! Now I can't make up my mind...I like a few.
    My husband as a biker, told me to us the skull...no way!
    Maybe I stick to my old one.
    Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL trust the husbands to want something like that. Glad you found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what type of white wine do you use, Sandra? I have moscato here at the house, but not sure if that's the right kind.

    ReplyDelete