Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sausages in tomato and Onion



Ok so tonight I'm making the Sausages in Tomato and Onion with some rice to go with it.

This is so simple and I remember eating this meal while I was growing up. Good memories!
Now, you gotta remember that I don't measure, I learnt how to cook with my greatgrandmother, grandmother, mom and stepmom and we don't measure, we just eyeball it. So, this is just the basic recipe, you go according to your own taste ok?


  • 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1 small can of tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp crushed garlic
  • paprika
  • 1 bay leaf
  • white wine
  • salt and pepper to taste

I start off by putting the olive oil in the pan, add the onions and the tomatos, garlic, salt and pepper, sprinkle with paprika, bay leaf, sliced sausage and tomato sauce.
Give it a good stir and then place the lid on it and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, remember to stir now and then. If you want more gravy just add a little bit of water. You'll be surprised at how yummy it is and how easy. Remove from the heat, take out the bay leaf (you don't want to eat that lol).

Serve with white rice, or mashed potatoes or whatever you wish. I'm serving mine with rice tonight.
I wish I could give you exact measurements but it's hard to when I don't have a recipe for it and am used to just going by taste. Just love this recipe because it's easy to make, it's inexpensive and the kids gobble it up.

Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment: