Friday, March 17, 2006

Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls

Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls

I got this recipe a while ago and I don't remember where, but it's one I always turn to when I run out of ideas for chicken dishes. The family loves it and it's also really filling.

Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls
Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls


4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 thin slices of Swiss cheese
2 thin slices of porsciutto or ham
1 teaspoon paprika
6 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
3 tablespoons melted butter

Pound each chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut cheese and prosciutto slices into halves. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer cheese and prosciutto on chicken; roll to enclose filling and secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine. Mix paprika, bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic salt, oregano and basil in a shallow dish. Dip chicken rolls in butter, roll in crumb mixture to coat. Place rolls seam sides down in a baking dish.


Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.

Enjoy :)

Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that looks so good! I'm gonna give it try. ( you know I can't cook) I'll let you know how bad I mess it up LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Courtney, they're actually really easy to make and very yummy. Let me know how they came out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra, I made these this week as well as the sausage & broccoli skillet. We all enjoyed both very well. Thank you for sharing! Now I have to try the Palmiers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rachel - I'm SO glad you enjoyed them. The chicken especially is really quite easy to make and soooo filling. The sausage broccoli skillet is one of those meals that I tried in order to get the kids eating veggies, and it turned out really well too. :) Let me know about the Palmiers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds spectacular! I'm gonna try it this week.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Sandra!

    We had this for supper tonight. OUTSTANDING! I will difinately make this recipe again - thank you so much for sharing it.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is probably the best chicken I've ever made. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...