- 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling
- 1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice - optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.