Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sandra's Jambalaya

This was a quick meal that I came up while trying to use leftover chicken and smoked sausage. I threw a couple of seasonings together and some rice and VOILA, it came out really good.


SANDRA'S MOCK JAMBALAYA


1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size chunks (or if you have leftover roast chicken you can use that)
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2 cups of prepared rice (I usually cook mine separately and then add it to the pan).
Old bay seasoning to taste
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsps crushed garlic
1 bay leaf
chicken broth

I start off by putting about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Then I add my onions, chicken and sausage and my seasonings. Cook it over medium heat until chicken is brown and cooked through, add about 1 cup of chicken broth and continue cooking for about 15 minutes. You may need to add more broth to keep it from sticking. Like I said, just eyeball here.
Once that is done, you take your cooked rice and add it to the pan. Stir everything together and check the seasonings, may need more salt or old bay seasoning etc. Remove from heat, remove the bay leaf, sprinkle with fresh parsley and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment