Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cheese and Onion Pastie Pizza

I love pizza and I love cheese and I love potatoes and onions, I mean, I just absolutely love all these ingredients, so when I was browsing Marie's blog and saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.

It's SO good!

Cheese and Onion Pastie Pizza

*Cheese and Onion Pastie Pizza*
Makes 1 12-inch pizza
Recipe credit: A Year From Oak Cottage



Pizza dough for one pizza
prepared Caesar Salad dressing
4 cups frozen hash browns, thawed out and crumbled
2 ounces strong cheddar cheese, grated
2 ounces red Leicester cheese, grated (I used colby jack)
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 green onions, chopped


Pre-heat the oven to 400*F. Lightly grease a 12 inch pizza pan and press the dough out onto it to cover and fill it, making it a bit thicker at the edges and forming a rim.

100_7609

Place it into the pre-heated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set and dry to the touch. Remove from the oven and spread with about 1/4 cup of Caesar salad dressing.

100_7614

100_7612

Place the crumbled hash browns in a bowl along with the different cheeses and the onions.

100_7613

Give it all a good mix and then sprinkle it over the partially baked crust, spreading it out evenly.

100_7615

Drizzle with another 1/4 cup of salad dressing.

100_7616

Return to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before cutting into slices to serve.

5 comments:

  1. O my goodness! This sounds HEAVENLY! Going to try it myself.. will let you know the verdict! Thanks for the recipes! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW this looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! One of my favorite frozen pizzas is a chicken caesar one from target, so I've been wanting to try a homemade one, but I'll just make this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those ingredients too! Will have to try this recipe asap 'cause I have major cravings now.

    ReplyDelete