Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crunchy Chicken Tenders

 EDIT:  Thank you to ndgirl for bringing to my attention my goof up in the ingredients.  It's actually supposed to say 2/3 cup of mayonnaise, not 1 cup divided.  Sorry for my mistake, I've edited the recipe with the right amount :)


Here's another super easy and quick version of homemade chicken tenders.

I know it's easier to just buy the prepackaged frozen ones and pop them in the microwave for a quick meal, but trust me, once you make them at home, you will never buy those again.  These are so much healthier and tastier.

2010_10200054

Crunchy Chicken Tenders

Ingredients:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
2 teaspoons dry mustard (you can also use bottled mustard)
Bread Crumbs (I use my homemade)
1 pound chicken tenders


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, the onion flakes and mustard in a shallow bowl.  Mix well.  In another bowl, place the breadcrumbs.

Dip the chicken in the mayonnaise mixture, then coat with the breadcrumbs.  Arrange the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake the chicken until cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.

2010_10200050

4 comments:

  1. I'll be trying these for dinner tonight. :)

    Just a little confused. You say 1 cup mayonnaise, divided. But in the directions it only says 2/3 cup. Do you use 1 cup or 2/3? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I made these for dinner tonight and they were a hit! :)

    I used 1.5 lbs. chicken tenders and mixed the mayo, dried onions & ground mustard earlier in the day so the onions could soften up. I was low on bread crumbs so I had to mix Italian bread crumbs & corn flake crumbs. They came out crunchy & flavorful. :)

    Great recipe & website! Thanks so much for posting this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super yummy! I've highlighted this article at everythingmom.com =) Keep up the good work (LOVE your pics too).

    ReplyDelete