Friday, March 25, 2011

Spaghetti Casserole

My family LOVES Spaghetti and it doesn't even have to be homemade or from scratch, they just love it in any way, shape or form.

Spaghetti Casserole

But sometimes I want something more than just the usual noodles and sauce, I want to give it a little kick, change it out, dress it up etc.

I've got a few variations on Spaghetti dishes here on the blog, like Virginia's Baked Spaghetti which continues to be one of our favorites, or Spaghetti Pie or even Spaghetti a la Philly, so I figured, what's one more to throw at you, you won't mind right?

Spaghetti Casserole

I have to thank my friend Mari for giving me this recipe, she shared it during one of my Cooking Thursdays on my main blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

Spaghetti Casserole

Spaghetti Casserole


1 pkg (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce ( I use Hunts 4 cheese)
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
16 ounces sour cream
4 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese


Cook pasta for a slightly shorter time than directed on pkg, until just done. 

Spaghetti Casserole
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. (I added in some fresh basil)
Remove from heat. Stir together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. 
In two 8x11 freezer pans, layer half the meat sauce, pasta, sour cream mix and cheese.

Spaghetti Casserole

Repeat layers. Cover tightly with foil and freeze up to 3 months.

To use frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Spaghetti Casserole

8 comments:

  1. This looks delish and easy too! <3 it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish as always Sandra! I am wanting this now and it's only 8 am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that here "chez moi" that casserole would be eaten in a record time!!eheheh

    Kisses,´
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for dinner tonight, it was soooo good. The hubs deemed it a keeper and the 3 yr old ate without stopping til he hit plate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to make this. I grocery shop tomorrow and I just put it on my list. You know my boys are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this for dinner tonight, it was delish! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you bake it covered or uncovered?

    ReplyDelete