Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pizza Sauce

Homemade Pizza is often made in my home, usually on Friday night's.  It's one of those things that the kids love to help with, matter of fact they always request individual pizzas that they can put the toppings on themselves.

Usually I will have Pizza sauce at hand but to be honest with you, I don't much care for the store bought sauce, it always seems to be missing something.....there's also those days when I run out of pizza sauce so I always turn to this quick and easy recipe, which I found over at Our Best Bites.


Pizza Sauce

1 6-oz. can tomato paste
6 oz. water (just use the empty tomato paste can)
3 Tbsp. garlic bread seasoning
1 Tbsp. sugar or honey (I usually use sugar because it’s easier and hey, I think we’ve established here that if there’s an easy road or a hard road, I usually take the easy road…)
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)


Empty tomato paste into a bowl and add water a few tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly until combined. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and allow to stand until ready to use. Covers two average-sized pizza; freezes extremely well.

1 comment:

  1. You might correct your link, blogger asked if I wanted to be redirected so it wasn't a big deal but thought I'd let you know.
    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/04/garlic-bread-seasoning/

    Looks like a great EASY recipe!! We make pizza almost every week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete