Monday, March 02, 2009

Angel Food Cake Roll

Light, fluffy with a strawberry whipped cream filling. It's PERFECT for the warmer weather we're having. Some quick notes about this recipe....I followed the directions of the cake box as I always do, but when it baked it completely oozed out the sides and was really thick. 

 I think next time I'll use just half of the cake batter. 

2009_03020027

ANGEL FOOD CAKE ROLL 
Credit: Taste of Home Magazine 
 
 
 Ingredients: 
1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix 
5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar 
1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat strawberry yogurt 
1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix 
3 drops red food coloring, optional 
2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping 
 
Directions: 
Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. 
 
Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up jelly-roll style in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. 
 
2009_03020015
 
  2009_03020013 
 
Fold in whipped topping. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up. Cover and freeze. 
 
2009_03020024 
 
Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing. 
 
2009_03020029

3 comments:

  1. All I can say about this is Y-U-M!!!
    Thanks for teasing my taste buds. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great treat! I want to make this the next time I host book club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! These angel food cake roll recipe sounds great and looks even better. I am going to make them on my next hubby's birthday party. It will be a crowd pleasure. thank you for shearing your post.

    Thanks

    Rumela
    my site

    ReplyDelete