Monday, May 17, 2021

Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake

IMG_0772

 
I've always been a fan of one pan meals.  Not just because of the clean up, but I in my family, I am known as the one who mixes all her food in the plate.   Especially if there's rice, beans, salad and some sort of meat.  I don't know why, I just love mixing it all.

This dinner came about as a quick way to get a meal together while Curt and I worked outside in the garden.


IMG_0769 

What I love the most about these type of meals, is that they're a great way to adapt to your family's likes.  I would have added some peppers of some kind, but our son doesn't like them, so I omitted them.  

I used smoked beef sausages, onions and potatoes cut into wedges.  

The seasoning is also entirely up to your preference, I kept mine pretty simple with doing olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and parsley and cilantro.  You could use thyme, oregano, rosemary, whatever you like.

This is a meal that my entirely family eats, enjoys and goes back for seconds.

IMG_0770 

 It makes really yummy leftovers as well. 
 
 
 
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
 
 
INGREDIENTS:
  • Sausages of your choice
  • Potatoes, washed, cut into wedges (I leave the skin on mine but you can take peel them if you wish)
  • Small onion, peeled and cut into wedges
  • Seasoning of your choice
  • Olive oil
 
 
INSTRUCTIONS:
 
In a large baking pan, drizzle on some olive oil.

Add the sausages, potatoes and onions, then season to taste.  Stir everything around to coat both sides.

Bake in a 425 F oven, for half an hour or until potatoes are tender.  I flip everything over, halfway through to give it an even bake.

Serve immediately.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment