Monday, May 17, 2021

Toasted Italian Sandwiches

IMG_0768

Our weekend meals have always been super easy.  Sandwiches, pizza, leftovers or some take out if we're so inclined.
 
As much as I love cooking, weekends are sometimes our busiest days, and I often find myself struggling to get dinner on the table.  We've even had frozen pizza on some days, nothing wrong with that.
 
One of my favorite subway sandwiches, are the Italian BMT.  Well, mine and our son Nick's as well.  We always seem to get that one and ask for it to be toasted too.  So good!
 
If you don't know what is in the BMT, it is Salami, Pepperoni and Black Forest Ham.  
 
I used that as inspiration for these Toasted italian sandwiches.  I adapted them slightly according to each family member's likes, for example, Jasmine doesn't like salami (I know, what on earth?) so I left that out for her.  She also is lactose intolerant and can't have any kind of yellow cheese, so I did pepper jack for her.

IMG_0767 
 
Nick on the other hand doesn't like yellow banana peppers, so I left those out of his sandwich.  There really is no way to go wrong with these, use what you like, leave out what you don't.  

Want veggies?  Add them.  Don't want any?  Leave them out.

 
Toasted Italian Sandwiches



INGREDIENTS:
Hoagie Buns
Salami, black forest ham, pepperoni
Banana peppers
Sliced Cheese of your choice
Ranch dressing
 
 
 
INSTRUCTIONS:
Slice the hoagie buns in half, almost all the way to the bottom, but not all the way through.
 
Drizzle on some ranch dressing, spread it on both sides of bun.  Add the ham, pepperoni and salami,  sliced cheese and banana peppers.  

Bake in a 350 F oven for 10 minutes.  You can leave them in longer if you like your bread crispy and brown, but we prefer it softer.  

I served ours with potato chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment