Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chicken Nachos!

For dinner last night I fixed The Crockpot Lady's Chicken Nachos. I wanted to try out the new slow cooker too so it all worked out great.

It turned out pretty good, the kids and hubby loved it, I did too but the only thing I found was that it was a bit too salty for me, I don't really like Velveeta Cheese, I find it too salty and since I'm one to not use much salt when I cook I think it threw me off at first. But nonetheless, they were pretty good and filling too.

Here's how I made mine.......it's so quick you won't believe it takes but a minute or two to dump everything into the slow cooker and walk away.

Cut up 2 chicken breasts....mine were sort of small so I used 4 breasts for this recipe.

The recipe doesn't call for Chopped Onion but I love the taste so I added some.

Slice up one large box of Velveeta Cheese and layer it over the chicken.

Next in goes a can of drained tomatoes and chilies, do NOT drain it. You want that liquid in there too.

Set your slow cooker to LOW and cook for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. I set mine to 5 hours on LOW, I'm just a rebel like that LOL


Say bye bye to the chicken and go clean your house or run your errands or whatever.

Pull out your pretty dish and dump a bunch of tortilla chips in there. I went with what I had on hand which are the rounds. But by all means, use whatever you want.

I opened up a can of refried beans and warmed them up first, then slathered them on the chips.

Again I deviated off the recipe, I added some chopped onion. Again with the onion....I'm sorry but I'm a onion, garlic, olive oil kinda gal.

Now grab the yummy cheesy chicken in the slow cooker and plop it all over the beans.....maybe not PLOP, but you know....scoop it nicely?

I kept mine pretty simple, just added some shredded lettuce and some sour cream....VOILA!

A huge batch of nachos! Thank you Crockpot Lady!

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, I'm glad that you tested this out! I hear you on the velveeta being salty. It's amazing how only a few days away from salt can make everything in the world taste salt-laden.

    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete